Skip to main content
King County Courthouse Third Avenue entrance closed until January 1, 2020. Please use alternative routes.  
King County logo

Did you know?


Licensing your pet helps to fund the life-saving work that RASKC performs. Each year, RASKC gives thousands of animals a second chance by providing quality care while at the Pet Adoption Center. But most important: A tag protects me! Should I stray, my finder can call the number on my tag and get your contact information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we can quickly be reunited.

Get answers to your FAQs.


Is RASKC my pet license service provider?
Confirm your jurisdiction by entering your address.

Licensing your pet just got easier. Whether you are purchasing a first time pet license, renewing an existing license, updating your pet's information or requesting a replacement tag -- residents that live in the RASKC coverage area can access the *online system anytime, anywhere.

Purchase or Renew a License

Update my information

Prefer in person contact? No problem! We have over 70+ pet licensing locations throughout King County.


*A bank processing fee of 2.35% ($2 minimum) will be applied to all card transactions; a $1 fee will apply to all echeck transactions. No part of the convenience fee goes to King County.

General Information


King County pet licenses are required for all dogs and cats eight weeks of age or older living in the *Regional Animal Services coverage area. A pet license identifies and protects your dog or cat in case they get lost. Also, pet licenses offer lots of other great benefits as well, including our Free Ride Home program.

Even indoor-only cats or pets confined to fenced yards get loose and their licenses help assure you can be reunited with them. Licenses are inexpensive identification and are for your pet's protection and safety. License revenue also makes it possible to reunite lost pets with their families and for adoption services for homeless pets.

RASKC provides service to the unincorporated portion of King County and the following contracting cities: Beaux Arts, Bellevue, Black Diamond, Carnation, Clyde Hill, Covington, Duvall, Enumclaw, Issaquah, Kenmore, Kent, Lake Forest Park, Maple Valley, Mercer Island, Newcastle, North Bend, Redmond, Sammamish, SeaTac, Shoreline, Snoqualmie, Tukwila, Woodinville, Yarrow Point.

Key benefits to licensing your pet

  • Found pets are reunited quickly with their owner. The Pet License office number is on the license. If someone finds your pet, they will call the number, get your contact information, even after hours, and reunite you and your pet.
  • Your pet gets a free ride home the first time it is found. Our staff will attempt to deliver your pet home to you immediately, skipping a trip to the animal shelter.
  • Your pet gets a longer care period. When found, your licensed pet will be safely cared for at the Pet Adoption Center for a longer time.
  • You and your pet get the Vacation Pet Alert. When you leave home on vacation, call 206-296-2712 or update your information online to register where your pet will be while you are on vacation, who will be taking care of your pet and where to reach you. We will call the correct number if your pet gets loose during your vacation.
  • License fees support the return of hundreds of lost pets to their homes and help adopt thousands of homeless pets to new families every year. Pet license fees also fund investigation of animal neglect and cruelty, spay/neuter programs to reduce pet over-population, and community education services.

Annual pet licensing and late fees

Fee Type
$15 Juvenile

Under six months, six months expiration

$30 Altered (Spay / Neuter)

Proof Required

$60 Unaltered

Eligible for spay/neuter voucher

$15 Senior Discount (altered pets only)

Proof that owner is 65 or older. Proof pet is spayed or neutered.

$15 Disabled Person (altered pets only)

Proof of eligibility form required

$5 Replacement

For lost, unexpired tag

Late Fees



Days Past Expiration: 45 - 90 days


Days Past Expiration: 91 - 135 days


Days Past Expiration: 136 - 364 days

$30 + prior year's license fee

Days Past Expiration: 365+ days

NB: Fines for unlicensed pets $125 spayed/neutered; $250 unaltered.

Frequently Asked Questions

King County issues permanent, stainless-steel tags intended to last the lifetime of your pet. However, if your pet does lose its license tag, just mail us your tag number OR your name, address, and pet's name along with a check for $5 (or go to one of our convenient licensing locations ). We will send you a new tag.

If you are over 65, or if your pet is under six months of age, you may qualify for a discounted pet license.

If you are over 65 years old

If your pet is spayed/neutered, you are eligible for a discounted pet license. This license costs $15 and is renewed annually. Please provide proof of your age and proof of pet's spay/neuter.

If your pet is under six months old

If your pet is under six months of age, you qualify for a $15 juvenile pet license that is good for six months. After that, the full pet license fee of $30 for a spayed/neutered pet or $60 for an unaltered pet applies.

Yes. King County canvassers issue license tags for your dog(s) and/or cat(s) right while they are at your doorstep. This is a great convenience to you, and provides great protection for your pet. Canvassers may visit you if you live anywhere in our service area.

Pet licensing canvassers have official King County photo identification and wear bright blue polo shirts or windbreakers or a winter jacket with the pet licensing logos.

Hours are generally Sundays 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday – Fridays 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. and Saturdays 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Door-to-door marketers DO NOT accept payment at the door, but they do issue free temporary license tags that need to be renewed by the last day of the following month. This provides your cat and dog immediate protection. When a door-to-door canvasser comes to your door, please welcome him or her.

If you have a disability and use a service animal to assist you, you can receive a King County pet license at no cost. Along with a completed pet license application, you must include a signed statement certifying that you have a disability and that your animal is used to assist you due to your disability. Once we receive your confirmation, a free license will be sent to you.

A "service animal" is defined in King County Code as any animal that is trained or being trained to aid a person who is blind, hearing impaired, or otherwise disabled and is used for that purpose and is registered with a recognized service animal organization.

While the pet license fee is waived, you will receive an annual renewal notice requesting your confirmation that your animal is still being used as a service animal. If you keep the animal after it retires from service, the annual pet license fee will be due.

Submit an update online, or call the RASKC pet licensing office at 206-296-2712.

Proprietors of hobby kennels and catteries or guard-dog related businesses in the RASKC service area require specific licenses. Download the pet-related business flyer for details, or call 206-296-7387 for more information.

Public Health - Seattle & King County also regulates and issues permits for many pet-related businesses including pet shops, aquariums, commercial kennels and catteries, pet groomers, dog daycares, animal shelters, certain pet food retailers, and businesses such as feed stores selling live poultry. For more information about these services, please visit the Public Health Pet Business webpage.

This online bank processing fee is not charged by King County. It is a fee charged by our payment processing bank. As a government agency, we pass that direct cost on to the end user. Other options for licensing transactions include postal mail, or you can visit one of 70 locations throughout our region where you can purchase/renew a license or get a replacement tag.
When you select the "purchase new license" button above, the system begins by verifying your location and service provider. Other ways to determine if you live in unincorporated King County is by simply emailing us at or calling us at 206-296-2712..

Pet licensing locations

Looking where to license your pet in person? Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC) covers the unincorporated areas of King County, as well as 24 contract cities. We have nearly seventy locations in thirty cities throughout King County where you can purchase / renew your pet license in person. Prefer to purchase your license online? Click here.

The following cities issue their own pet license. Please contact them directly for pet license information: Algona, Auburn, Bothell, Burien, Des Moines, Federal Way, Hunts Point, Kirkland, Medina, Milton, Normandy Park, Pacific, Renton, Seattle, Skykomish.

Download PDF Version of this table

City Agency Address Phone
Beaux Arts
see Bellevue for locations
Aerowood Animal Hospital 2975 156th Ave SE Bellevue, WA 98007 (425) 746-6557
Bellevue City Hall 450 110th Ave NE Bellevue WA 98009 (425) 452-6800
Bellevue Mini City Hall 15600 NE Eighth St Ste. H-9 Bellevue, WA 98008 (425) 452-2800
QFC #808 10116 NE Eighth St Bellevue, WA 98004 (425) 455-0870
QFC #822 3550 Factoria Blvd Bellevue, WA 98006 (425) 643-7110
QFC #826 15600 NE Eighth St Bellevue, WA 98008 (425) 865-0282
QFC #859 2636 Bellevue Way NE Bellevue, WA 98004 (425) 822-4154
QFC #874 1510 145th Pl SE Bellevue, WA 98007 (425) 653-2162
Black Diamond
Black Diamond City Hall 24301 Roberts Dr Black Diamond, WA 98010 (360) 886-5700
Worthington Licensing Agency 11035 NE 183rd St Bothell, WA 98011 (425)481-1714
Burien City Hall 400 SW 152nd St Ste 300 Burien, WA 98146 (206)241-4647
Carnation City Hall 4621 Tolt Ave Carnation, WA 98014 (425) 333-4192
Clyde Hill
Clyde Hill City Hall 9605 NE 24th St Clyde Hill, WA 98004 (425) 453-7800
Covington City Hall 16720 SE 271st St Ste 100 Covington, WA 98042 (253) 638-1110
Valley Vehicle Licensing 27331 172nd Ave SE Ste 116 Covington, WA 98042 (253) 630-7090
Duvall City Hall 15535 Main St Duvall, WA 98019 (425) 788-1185
Enumclaw City Hall 1339 Griffin Ave Enumclaw, WA 98022 (360) 825-3591
QFC #863 1009 Monroe St. Enumclaw, WA 98022 (360) 825-5155
Issaquah City Hall 130 E Sunset Way Issaquah, WA 98027 (425) 837-3000
Issaquah City Hall Northwest 1775 12th Ave NW Issaquah, WA 98027 (425) 837-3403
Issaquah Community Service Center 5415 220th Ave SE Issaquah, WA 98029 (206) 477-2169
QFC #821 1540 NW Gilman Blvd Issaquah, WA 98027 (425) 392-4475
QFC #840 4570 Klahanie Dr SE Issaquah, WA 98029 (425) 392-2776
Kenmore City Hall 18120 68th Ave NE Kenmore, WA 98028 (425) 398-8900
Centennial Center 400 W Gowe St Kent, WA 98032 (253) 856-5200
RASKC 21615 64th Ave S Kent, WA 98032 (206) 296-7387
Kent Community Service Center 401 4th Ave N - Suite GD 
(inside Maleng Regional Justice Center)
(206) 296-7387
Pet Central 13004 SE Kent Kangley Rd Kent, WA 98030 (253) 277-7020
QFC #803 13304 SE 240th St Kent, WA 98031 (253) 630-3560
Reber Ranch 28606 132nd Ave SE Kent, WA 98042 (253) 630-3330
Eastside Auto License Agency 12006 NE 85th St Kirkland, WA 98033 (425) 828-4661
QFC #838 14130 Juanita Dr NE Kirkland, WA 98034 (425) 821-4885
Lake Forest Park
Lake Forest Park City Hall 17425 Ballinger Way NE LFP, WA 98155 (206) 368-5440
PAWS 15305 44th Ave W Lynnwood, WA 98046 (425) 412-4029
Maple Valley
Maple Valley City Hall 22017 SE Wax Rd Ste 200 Maple Valley, WA 98038 (425) 413-8800
QFC #837 22131 SE 237th St Maple Valley, WA 98038 (425) 432-9961
Mercer Island
Mercer Island City Hall 9611 SE 36th St Mercer Island , WA 98040 (206) 275-7783
QFC #806 8421 SE 68th St Mercer Island, WA 98040 (206) 232-0102
QFC #839 7823 SE 28th St Mercer Island, WA 98040 (206) 230-0745
Newcastle City Hall 12835 Newcastle Way Ste 200 Newcastle, WA 98056 (425) 649-4444
QFC #827 6940 Coal Creek Pkwy SE Newcastle, WA 98059 (425) 747-9599
North Bend
North Bend City Hall 211 Main Ave. North Bend, WA 98045  
(425) 888-1211
QFC #829 460 E North Bend Way North Bend, WA 98045 (425) 888-1682
City of Redmond 15670 NE 85th St Redmond, Wa 98052 (425) 556-2145
Marymoor Park 6046 W Lake Sammamish Pkwy NE Redmond, WA 98052 (425) 477-7275
Redmond Community Center at Marymoor Village 8867 161st Ave NE Redmond, WA 98052 (425) 556-2300
QFC #820 15800 Redmond Way NE Redmond, WA 98052 (425) 885-2311
QFC #860 8867 161st Ave NE Redmond, WA 98052 (425) 869-8006
QFC #878 23475 NE Novelty Hill Rd Redmond, WA 98053 (425) 636-0420
Black River Community Service Center 919 SW Grady Way Renton, WA 98057 (206) 296-7810
QFC #871 4800 NE Fourth St Renton, WA 98059 (425) 226-7086
Sammamish City Hall 801 228th Ave SE Sammamish, WA 98075 (425) 898-0660
QFC #824 2902 228th Ave SE Sammamish, WA 98075 (425) 898-0660
SeaTac City Hall 4800 S 188th St SeaTac, WA 98188 (206) 973-4800
King County Administration Building 500 Fourth Ave Seattle, WA 98104 (Room 403) (206) 296-2712
PAWS Cat City 5200 Roosevelt Way NE Ste B Seattle WA 98105 (206) 782-1700
QFC #858 1531 NE 145th St Seattle, WA 98155 (206) 363-5717
Shoreline City Hall 17500 Midvale Ave N Shoreline, WA 98133 (206) 801-2230
QFC #816 600 NW Richmond Beach Rd Shoreline, WA 98177 (206) 546-5129
Seattle Area Feline Rescue 14717 Aurora Ave N Shoreline, WA 98133 (206) 659-6220
Shoreline Community Service Center 18050 Meridian Ave N Shoreline, WA 98133 (206) 477-2723
Snoqualmie City Hall 38624 SE River St Snoqualmie, WA 98065 (206) 801-2230
Tukwila City Hall 6200 Southcenter Blvd Tukwila, Wa 98188 (206) 433-1800
Woodinville City Hall 17301 133rd Ave NE Woodinville, WA 98072 (425) 489-2700
Woodinville License Agency 17403 139th Ave, NE Woodinville, WA 98072 (425)486-0677
Yarrow Point
Yarrow Point Town Hall 4030 95th Ave NE Yarrow Point , WA 98004 (425) 454-6994

Pet Information Line
206-296-7387 (PETS)

TTY Relay 711